Monday, July 04, 2005

Time is flying!

First day of my holiday. It's hard to believe I have a month off. I know I'm planning way to much so I'm making sure I'm getting everything done as soon as possible. I mean, I don't want to say "I'll do that next Monday" 'cause I'm sure I'll get to busy and won't have time for things.

Today I drove over to this lady who rents out carders. I rended one, and bought some yarn. Not much, though her merino was extremely cheap! I know she'll have more though so I'm not going to buy to much at once. As soon as it's all spun I'll get more.

That being said I started washing some of the fleece I'm having. It's turning out to be lovely wool, I'm really curious how it'll turn out after spinning. I washed a bit, and will card it tomorrow (hopefully, I have so much planned tomorrow). I also got some mohair as I'm to impatient to wait for the yarn I ordered from HelloYarn! I washed it and it's drying as well. I painted some of the wool and some of the merino I got today. I can't wait to start spinning with it.

Here's a list with things I want to get started on very soon :

- a pair of lacy socks
- the cotton top/ballet wrap thingie
- I want to knit 20x20 cm peices in wool with all the patterns from the new book I got, and then I want to sew them together for a blanket! Will be superwash wool though
- start on some lace with the mohair I have
- crochet something
- knit a bag to felt - but with good yarn to felt
- SPIN!!! :D
- card and dye more yarn and roving

Hmm, that's it, oh, and make stitchmarkers. :D That I might do now, though I'm amazed that it's already 9pm. But I did take a huge nap this afternoon. I had promissed myself to relax so I will.

Tomorrow a lot of stuff with the horses, but I'll try to take some pictures of the stuff I'm working on!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

A whole month off - lucky you! Sounds like you have plenty to keep you busy. Can't wait to see some pics of your projects, & your hand-dyed handspun yarn. Secret Pal :-)

8:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, a month off. Lucky you! It sounds like you have lots planned, I hope you get it all done.

1:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home