Monday, July 18, 2005

Why to avoid knifes

There is a reason why a knitter should really avoid using a knife. A knitter should have smooth hands, with no tiny little interuptions anywhere as that would cause the used yarn to stick and it would really stagger quick and smooth knitting.

Yesterday I was cutting flowers - I get fresh flowers like once every 2 weeks if I can at the early Sunday market - and of course I slipped and cut my thumb really badly. Well, not that badly, but I did cut the finger and the nail! Last night while knitting I was faces with the huge annoyance of a cut in a finger when knitting. The yarn kept sticking to the cut in the finger and the nail. It didn't only annoy me as for knitting, it also really hurt me every time I pulled the piece of meat from my finger. Yickes.

So basically in my opinion a knitter should avoid a knife if s/he can! Ask a gentle roommate/family member/patner to do the cutting or wear good protection. Or take the risk if you think you are a really good cutter and go ahead, do it yourself!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ouch! Sounds like you need a long smooth plaster to stop that yarn getting caught. Hope it heals soon! Secret Pal. :-)

3:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yikes! Sounds like your priorities are right. Give up knives, not knitting.

2:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home