Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Contest Winner & FO & Handdyed yarn!!

Ok, I've taken long enough to finally get this one done! Sorry to keep you all waiting, I hope you are all around to read this, but the winner of the nice skein of Opal Sock yarn is ......



Trek!!


Are you the lucky one! She just cruised by my blog that day, so I guess she's one of those people with lots of luck! By the way, my boyfriend pulled the name.

I'm so happy with all the lovely comments I got, huge big thank you to all those who took the time to comment and let me know they are reading my blog! You can't imagine how much it means to me and you can be sure I'll be checking out your blogs too! Big thanks to Blueadt, Nicola, Becky, Karen, Lesha, Beth, Cathy, Emmy, Kelly, PieKnits, Juut, Lisa, Efa, Lynne, Rox. Sorry if I used your Blogname but it might mean I don't know your real name!

Also a big thank you to all those others who are reading regularly but didn't comment, or don't comment much in general!


Moving on, I just finished another pair of socks for me! Yeah, though I'm knitting a lot for others I really can't go without a pair of socks for myself on the needles. Here they are :





Stats :
Yarn : Fyberspates 4-ply sock yarn - Valentine
Needles : 2.5mm addi turbo
Pattern : more then famous Jaywalkers
Started Febr. 10 2006, finished March 21 2006

I did modify the toes, as I always do. I couldn't get behind on knitting this pattern, right? Well, I do like the socks a lot, but I won't be knitting this pattern like crazy. There are way to many other patterns I like out there!

After consulting a few crazy good dyers out there, I took the jump and dyed some mohair yarn. For the wedding of my BIL I want to knit Butterfly from Rowan (my sister is going to make the dress) and I couldn't find the colour I really wanted. My fave LYS had some great pure mohair available but only in a few colours, and I decided to take the risk and dye it. Look :



The before and after! Don't look wrong, it's only the purple yarn in the background (other 2 skeins are already wound into balls). I couldn't capture the colour that well, but it's the perfect eggplant I was looking for! :D

The red yarn is sock yarn I decided to dye. It's deep burgundy red, I love it! I can't wait to start knitting with it. The yarn didn't take all the dye and with the leftover I dyed some pure wool to felt which is nice pink. Didn't take a picture of that just yet.

And then I'm leaving you with my first try-out into blending yarns :





Some merino I died blue with some mohair I died purple. I started spinning it and it's quite nice! Though there is some VM in the mohair (I got it unwashed and undyed). But it'll be really nice for some wristwarmers or so!

That's it for today, more in the near future!

3 Comments:

Blogger sheep#100 said...

Em - you posted a comment to me but didn't include your email address. Mail me at trekcelt on yahoo.

10:12 PM  
Blogger Jen (pieKnits) said...

Both of your dyed yarn colors are gorgeous!! Reds and purples always seem so tricky- what kind of dye did you use?

9:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, your Jaywalkers turned out so lovely - great colorline you chose!
You did such a great job with dyeing the mohair, it looks absolutely beautiful!
Have fun knitting, and cheers from Austria!

6:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home