Thursday, April 06, 2006

Input wanted!

I could really use your opinions and input here!

Remember the socks I was knitting for my Sockapaloooza pal? Here they are :




They are no longer going to be my sockapaloooza socks. They are to small and the whole design isn't working out the way I wanted it. I will rip the heel and do a short heel and keep them for myself (they just fit me, to much of a risk to send them to my pal I'm afraid).

Instead of starting the same socks over again I went shopping for some simple yarn, and started thinking something out. My pal loves the more classical design for socks, so I decided to go with something simple.




The colour isn't true in this picture (it's more like a pale blue, jeans-like). But you can see the pattern. I'm using a twisted stitch for the leg, with a nice lace pattern running down both sides of the sock. This will continue down the foot. The pattern is really stretchy and I do like it, especially the way the twisted stitches are working out (which you can see vaguely in the picture).

But isn't this to simple for my sockpal? She works a lot and wanted sturdy, machine washable socks. I think she might like this. I didn't want a sock that was to complicated as for the pattern as it's not always comfortable to wear those socks in work shoes.

Please, please comment! I need some advise now as I really want to finish this socks soon! The deadline is really approaching fast!

6 Comments:

Blogger sheep#100 said...

I like the new sock - and it looks very nicely knit, too.

3:46 AM  
Blogger Lene said...

I think your sock will be fine! And you are right that bkjsimple socks are comfortable to wear.

6:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If she likes classical socks, she'll surely like these. A simple, but interesting design, in a lovely yarn, and comfortable to wear too. I'd say go for it!

5:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like the design, I wish my monitor showed the true color. Classic socks are always great. Heck, any handknit sock is a great gift if you ask me girl!

12:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you've bridged the gap well: a basic, attractive sock with just enough interest for both of you. :) Plus, since it's mostly St st, I think it'll be comfy in work shoes.

7:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

as a proponent of plain stitch based designs i decree that your sock pail will like your sock. (really. it's quite a nice design.)

8:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home