Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Pictures of my Norwegian Stockings!

I'm still feeling far from ok, and I'm not sure if it's going to change. I'm just going to go to bed and I hope I'll be feeling better tomorrow.

Anyway, before I chase you all away, here is the update!

First of all ... the Norwegian Stockings!



Stats :

Pattern : Norwegian Stockings from Folk Socks by Nancy Bush

Yarn : Dale of Norway, Baby Ull in black, very light blue/grey and blue

Needles : 3mm Addi turbos

Started : March 29, 2006

Finished : April 10, 2006

Modifications : I used kitchener stitch for the toe instead of pulling together the stitches as I like my toes more that way!

I loved the pattern and I will knit these again! It was such a quick knit! I probably won't be wearing them before next winter as the weather is finally picking up, but I don't mind! I will enjoy them so much!

I'm currently working on 2 projects (well, I have more WIPs, but I'm only working properly on 2) :

First is the Deep V Argyle Vest by Eunny. This was a picture from when I first started :




I'm using Rowan Yorkshire Tweed DK (now discontinued but of course still available) in grey and purple. Well, the purple I died myself as I couldn't find a colour I really liked.

I'm already past the beginning of the arm shaping so this picture is really dated. But well, it shows the colours. I'm quite a bit worried about the yarn and the colours I chose. I've seen the vest in this yarn (for one, at Winnie's blog , which is actually Rowanspun, but it's similar) and it looks great, so it might just be my knitting. Of course this vest just begs for a decent blocking. But it might also be the colours. I like the darker colours but it does obscure the pattern. Well, I will be finishing this vest and I will wear it to my grandparents 50 years wedding anniversary, but I can always knit myself another vest in light colours. We'll see.

The other project I'm putting efford in right now are the Sockapaloooza socks. I'm ok with the pattern. I'm past the heel on the first sock, but if I dedicate myself to them I can easily finnish them in a few days. I'm still worrying my pal won't like them. Keeping my fingers crossed!

As soon as these things are done I need to put some true time into the Butterfly dress from Rowan, which I'll be wearing to the wedding of BIL. My sister is making the dress for underneath it (it must stay decent, right? :D) but she won't finish it before Butterfly is ready. Really need to make progress. I'm also knitting a bolero for my sister which I'll be probably wearing at the wedding (happy Belgian weather, it can be 40°C, but it can also be 18°C and raining, so I'm taking no risks!). So those 2 projects are next. There are quite a few other projects I want to work on as well, so I have to keep knitting.

I also started spinning a little again. I love it so much, should do it more! Well, we're supposed to have up in the 20's over the weekend so I might spend some time on my terrace!

Oh, and I'm dyeing yarn, but more on that tomorrow or on Friday. Going to bed now ...

7 Comments:

Blogger Jenna said...

Your stockings look great! They fit you wonderfully. I had to frog mine after I got past the big snowflakes because they were a little too tight for my calves, but I plan to revisit them soon! And I look forward to seeing your progress on the vest.

1:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The stockings are DIVINE girl! Love the colors you chose! Hope you feel better soon too.

1:43 PM  
Blogger Jen (pieKnits) said...

Well you'll certainly be busy!
The stockings look great- I really like the blue contrast. I don't think I could finish them so quickly!
Love the colors for the vest. Purple and grey has always been one of my fav combinations.

5:39 PM  
Blogger knittinmom said...

WOW! Those are some INCREDIBLE socks! I'm in lurve.

6:40 PM  
Blogger lexa said...

All I can say is -- Holy Cow! Absolutely gorgeous!!!

11:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your Norwegian socks are absolutely amazing! How could you have finished them so quickly? How could you say they were an easy knit? I'm very impressed. They're absolutely beautiful.

6:35 PM  
Blogger MBT said...

Those socks are amazing, well done!

8:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home