Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Sick, but still knitting!

I have been at home the last 2 days with a throat infection. I'm going back to work tomorrow. My doctor didn't really want that, he would have preferred I stayed home the whole week. I can't say I wouldn't have liked that. But the problem is I'm still in my trial period and so long times of illness can get me fired, plus I don't want to put this pressure on my colleagues as they have to take over the children I normally have in therapy. So it's back to work tomorrow, supported by really heavy antibiotics.

I did get some knitting done, it's not that I'm that tired. But I did rest most of the time.

First of all, the finished Mamluke socks from Folk Socks by Nancy Bush (do I really need to link this book? :D). I finished them last week. I loved knitting them.

Stats :

Pattern : Mamluke socks from Folk Socks by Nancy Bush

Yarn : Dale of Norway Baby Ull in Black and blue/grey (left over from my Norwegian stockings! :D)

Needles : 2.75mm Inox circulars

Started at the beginning of October 2006, finished on Nov. 15 2006

Mods : I made the foot quite a bit longer then the pattern stated I would need. Do I have long feet or what? :D Apart from that I just followed the pattern!

I never seem to be able to without a fair-isle project. So when I saw Eunny's site this week I knew what to start :



Stats :

Pattern : Endpaper Mitts by Eunny Yang

Yarn : Dale of Norway Baby Ull in black and Koigu (will add number later)

Needles : 2mm for the ribbing, 2.75mm for the rest of the glove (inox circs)

Started on Saturday Nov. 18 2006, finished Nov. 22 2006

It's strange how well you can see the pattern in the picture, 'cause it doesn't show that well in reality. Now I do love them. I shouldn't have used the variegated but they still look great, and they fit perfectly! I already started a second pair! These are so quick to finish! :D

Now as said I'm going to try again to get some of my stash moving. I need to get stuff out in order to get new stuff in. I want to order a few books, and some yarn, but I can't as long as I don't get any new money in. So if you are even remotely interested, let me know.

I'm offering 2 boxes of sock yarn up for sale. Each box will go for $50 plus $7.5 shipping. I am willing to consider a swap, let me know if that would interest you more. All sock yarn is stored in a smoke free environment. It's all unused. It'll fly priority.

Sockbox 1

Sockbox 2


Each box has one skein of Opal cotton, one skein of Opal, One skein of Online Nepal, one skein of Online (various), 2x50g of Regia, and 2x50g of my own handpainted (regular sock yarn). So that makes a total of 6 pairs of socks.

Please, if you are interested, contact me! I'll be posting the boxes at Destash if nobody is interested over here. I have more to offer soon. As I said, I'm willing to swap!! There are quite a few books I want, sockyarn (STR, Koigu, ...), roving, ... . Just let me know if you can help me out! :D

Off now, to some more knitting and relaxing on the couch.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi.

I found your blog through a comment on the Hello Yarn review for the Louet Victoria wheel.

I'm glad to find another spinner in Belgium. I haven't looked much, but it was nice to find you.

I also got a small question. Where do you find your spinning fiber?

Cheers!

3:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think the use of variegated yarn worked great!

10:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Seeing your endpaper mitts in varigated makes me want to give them a try. I sure have enough sockyarn to do that. I love mixing the varigated with a solid. It gives it a fake fair isle feel. :)

2:52 PM  
Anonymous Rosemary said...

Helllo nice blog

4:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home