Friday, November 03, 2006

Socktoberfest???

I signed up for the Socktoberfest in the hope to at least finish up all the socks I had on the needles. I didn't succeed at all, though I did make some nice progress on a few socks. But at the end I finished only one pair of socks (beside the ones I already finished), and I had no choice as they were a commissioned knit. I don't like doing this and honestly, the little money it pays. It's just not worth it really I'm afraid. I can imagine why no-one will pay a reasonable amount of money for the socks. I don't mind, I'm not looking into selling them, I prefer knitting them for myself or my family!

Anyway, here they are :




I'm not going to post any stats about these, just the proof that I did knit them. They are in Online yarn, a new line. Knitted on 2.5mm needles, sized at the hand of a sock of the intented owned. This all went through my LYS so I don't even know the person. I hope he'll like them.

I made good progress of my Mamluke socks - I really needed some quick fair isle socks! - but they are not finished. Maybe by the end of the week.

I did finish 2 more projects. First was a sweater for me which I will post more about later when I have pictures. The other one is this Noni bag :





I only have a picture pre-felting. I finished it last night at 3am, and put it in the washer. Another round early morning, and then I took it wet with me to my LYS where I finished the sewing (flowers and handle). I of course didn't take any pictures after the felting and finishing, maybe next time if I remember. I can tell you the bag turned out super nice! I did finish this completely in one evening. But I was tired in the end!

Last weekend the boyfriend and I went on a nice walk with the dog nearby in a nature area. we had a super time, a bit of proof :



Esna had the most wonderful time running around! She even went through knee high water, which she normally hates. Needles to say she needed a bath when we returned home! We should make a habit of these walks as it did me great too! But the weather is finally changing - it was only 5°C when I drove home at 7pm today - and I love spending time outside now!

On the walk we saw a ton of these :




I haven't seen them in years! I remember the stories as a kid and I loved to go looking for them in kindergarter. So it was great to see them all. It's probably the combination of the ground and the trees to find them all over here. It was super!

Now before I forget, last week I also dyed up some yarn. Well, quite a bit actually :





From left to right : 2 skeins of superwas to combine with black for a scarf (more on that later), one skein of black and 2 skeins fushia/purple for fingerless mitts and regular mittens (I think the "black" needs another swim in the dye-bath, dyeing black is awefully difficult!) - this is super natural wool perfect for socks and mittens, and it got this great shean after dyeing, I'm amazed!- and then a skein of dark pink which I used for a flower for the Noni bag above (I hadn't dyed enough for 2 flowers, that's why there's a light pink flower as well). I loved dyeing this yarn and I can't wait to knit with the yarn, but there are still to many projects on my needles!

I'm knitting like crazy, hoping to finish at least a few things off.

I was surfing blogs tonight and came across one from a collage artist. I realized how much I missed that. But it's kinda hard. I never really believed I was good in paper arts/collage/etc. and it was hard to keep it going. I did have some support from the online community, but not as much as I needed. As for the knitting, I realize I'm not around enough to get much readings here at the blog. But the ladies at my LYS are SOOOOO supportive! It's amazing, and it keeps me going. Though I realize I'm not that super good, it's nice to have someone support you. I'll get there.

Now I am going to pick up paper arts and writing again, soon I hope. But time is such a problem. I mean, I'm at home this week and I needed this time off so much. Working full time is just something I can't do, with all the things I have to do beside work. Oh well, only a few more months! And I can use the money right now! (I need to stop buying yarn. I really do. I have to much already!)

Thank you to all those who commented on my yarn room and my FO's! I so appreciate it!

Now it's off to bed! After 2 days of going to bed at 3am or later, I want to get in a bit early (well, it's half past midnight already, so that's not really early, right? :D)

2 Comments:

Blogger Theresa said...

Love the flowers for the purse - can't wait to see the finished version!

9:51 AM  
Blogger Steph said...

Beautiful dyed yarn! I think the "black" looks great as grey - and it is supposed to be the colour of this season. :-)

5:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home