Monday, January 29, 2007

Some packages!

Last week I recieved 2 lovely parcels in the mail. I took the pictures and right after the batteries of my camera died, and I only got around charging them last night. It has been to damn busy.

Anyway, here we go!

First there's the handspun sockyarn swap! The yarn I spun arrived at Beth's last week, and she seems to like it. My swap partner was Cary who sent me some super lovely yarn :


Handspun sockyarn swap

Isn't that just gorgious! The "grey" skein (it's bit more coloured in reality!) is combination of Gulf coast Native Sheep wool and silk. The blue skein she added because she thought the other wouldn't be enough. It's Corriedale. And the batt is a sample of wool from her own farm! I love it so much! Thank you Cary! Oh, and not to forget, she also included some bamboo DPNs, not in the picture. Big, big thank you! I already have plans for the yarn (I'm thinking socks with a fair-isle cuff or leg pattern!).



Next I got the second Yarn Aboard box in the mail, containing the fiber. This box went through a lot (more on Amanda's blog), and it finally showed up here, mailed to me by Jennifer.

Yarn Aboard 01

The box had Baby camel roving, and Alpaca, in it.


Now I was going to send the box out again on Friday but unforseen stuff kept me from going to the PO (and I refuse to go to the PO on Saturday if I can avoid it). So over the weekend Henry Morgan went on a trip to my house and look how I found him :


Yarn Aboard 02

He found a bottle of Belgain Vanilla flavoured Geneva! He seems to have quite the drinking habit, don't you think? Well, he's off today to the States again!


Now over the weekend I also started a knitting journal :


Knitting journal Knitting Journal



This is the front page. This book is going to keep track of my finished projects, though I'm still not sure which language I'll be using in it. I think English as that's the primar language I use for knitting, but Dutch is still my mother tongue. I don't know yet. The pictures of the 2 FOs of 2007 are already in it, just need to write down all the info.

I'm doing some cleaning today, tomorrow I'm back to work so I should get some stuff out of the way!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You got lots of fun looking packages! Should be fun to knit/spin them up!

4:07 PM  
Blogger shizzknits said...

Hi Rebecca, Henry Morgan arrived on my doorstep today. He looks like he had a grand time crossing the ocean (probably went first class). Thanks so much for all the fun goodies! I LOVE the choco! I"m going to post tomorrow when I have some light to do piccies. Thanks again!

6:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home