Monday, January 15, 2007

Still trying to get rid of stash

I just posted again at the Destash blog. I would love to see more of these yarns going. I know my prices sound really high, but the shipping I add is so low I have to pay half of it myself, which is usually half of the price of the yarn I'm selling. I would love to swap this yarn as well, but nobody is interested.

Still if you are looking for some of this yarn, take a look.

Some of you might remember I once tried to sell handdyed sock yarn. My proud was some angora sock yarn, good quality. I can't help but still love dyeing and I think I don't do such a bad job. But well, I gave up pretty quickly for various reasons (one of them being that I realized not many people would be really interested in having yarn shipped oversea if they can get it cheaper in the US/Canada anyway).

Anyway, I always go through the Destash blog and I was stunned when I saw one of my yarns being there, sold. It's a bit sad the person never tried knitting with the yarn. I whish she had let me know what was wrong with it, why she didn't like it. I wouldn't take any offence at all. I mean, after all I can always use constructive feedback. Then again, she might just need the money or so, but still. It felt really strange.

I long took the blog down with the yarns I have fore sale and I'm slowly getting rid of the ones I still had. I'm still dyeing way to much yarn/roving ,but these days it's mostly for myself.

I'm knitting, and spinning. But it's all slowly. I'm on sick leave for the hip issue, it's a big inflamation and all that. I'm in pain a lot of the time and can't really get rid of it. Like today I did a trip to town to do some nessecairy shopping and bankstuff. I was feeling so bad afterwards. Problem is, if I don't do it it doesn't get done.

I'm going to do a bit more knitting/spinning, and then off to bed. I'll try to post my first FO of 2007 tomorrow, in the hope that I get a decent picture taken of it all.

3 Comments:

Blogger somebunnysloveDOTcom said...

I am bummed with you. If it helps, there is one rule I have created with my stash, and that is for none of the gifted yarn to EVER be sold/given away unless it was made into a project. I made that mistake in giving a precious hank of the palest ivory mohair/wool that a friend had give to me. What did I do with it? Give it as a present to the yarn shop owner I worked for and she never appreciated it. Go figure!
=:8

3:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sorry, that sucks. But I know I have some great stuff in my tiny stash that it's already clear I'll never use. Maybe she's given up on socks? Or she bought several skeins from you and has used some, but wants to try new vendors now? I know I enjoy Lorna's Laces, but I'm willing to swap some to try something new.

2:36 PM  
Blogger blueadt said...

I've got some of your hand-dyed Angora in my stash & will use it I promise :)

The problem is I've got so much sock yarn for myself & now DH is whining that he wants some socks as well.

1:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home