Monday, April 30, 2007

Belated update!

Yes, I know, it has been forever since I updated. Sorry for that. The reason? Let me show you ...


Puppies!

See this little mess? Up till Friday I was daily dealing with this! And though I loved it it took up so much of my time it was almost driving me crazy! All the cleaning and taking care. Well, mostly the cleaning. It took me about 1 1/2 hour every morning before work and every evening after to get everything done. As soon as I entered the Winter room this is what basically happened (well, I was sitting down here so they just piled up on my lap!).

I took these pictures on Thursday, only a few hours before the first of the bunch left :


Little Girl Flo

Little Flo went to her new forever home then and is doing great as far as I heard on Friday! She's listening to her name and sitting down on command, and is already starting to become house broken. Well, she was the brightest of the litter I guess.

2 more little ones left on Friday. I'll miss them, but I do love having to clean a lot less. There are 2 little ones left, Aife who'll be living with us for the rest of her life, and little Gismo who's new family is on a holiday till May 15th. Though I still have to clean I can manage it in less 20 minutes! Our little Aife is getting close to starting the training to go outside (she now knows the meaning of the newspapers), Gismo is having a harder time. Oh well, it's fine with me. Up till now I didn't have the energy, nor the time to get it going. They do want to spend a lot more time with us now that there group is so much smaller!


Anyway, enough with the rambling, more about the actual subject of this blog : knitting and spinning! I uploaded all the pictures on Friday, thinking to write the post then, but somehow I didn't get to it. So I'm doing it now. I took more pictures over the weekend but I won't be able to post them till tomorrow as they are still on the camera (back at home! :D).

Tomorrow, by the way, is a holiday over here and as many schools are making a "bridge", having today also as a holiday, we are having a slow day at work today.

Well, at least I have 2 FOs to show :


Handspun blue

100gr of handspun from roving from Spunky Eclectic Fiber Club (don't remember the month by heart, need to check it at home). It's about fingering weight, but quite experimental. I'm really experimenting with my style of spinning and all. But it'll do! It was supposed to be for the previous round of Project spectrum but as you can see I didn't make it. I did however finish this quite some time ago.


Potomamus Socks - finished

Pomatomus Socks :

Yarn : Lorna's Laces Sheperd Sport in Bittersweet
Needles : 2.75mm inox circ, magic looping!
Started/finished : April 9th, 2007 till April 21, 2007

I really liked knitting these! They took me longer then expected, but it was still nice. And my sister - modeling them - is really happy with them!

Of course it's not weather for socks over here. The whole month has been the warmest and driest so far, and with temperatures of 27°C one doesn't wear Sport weight socks, right?

I'm quite a bit behind on the 52pair plunge as well, but I'll try to catch up soon. I just can't commit to socks only!

More soon!

1 Comments:

Blogger PJ said...

They are just sooo cute! I'm sure it's a little sad to say goodbye to them. Way to go on knitting during all this excitement...socks look great!

10:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home